Short information about transportation & sightseeing places as below for tourists during their summer tourism in Azerbaijan and other regions as Gabala (Qabala), Oghuz, Sheki, (Shaki), Quba (Guba), Qusar (Gusar), Lankran, Masalli, Yardimli
By auto road: by buses, minibuses or passenger cars.
Distance: Baku-Gobustan-Shamakhy-Ismayilly-Gabala about 225 km.
The flight: Baku-Gabala about 40 minutes
- a) Transfer by car Gabala (airport) – Gabala city center about 20 minutes
- b) Transfer by car Gabala (airport) – Nidj settlement about 25 minutes.
What to visit during summer tourism in Azerbaijan
Monuments of history and architecture
- The complex of mausoleums (XV-XVI centuries.) near Hezre village
- Udins and Albanian Christian churches in the Nidj village:
– Jotaari kilsyasi / renovated
– Boulogne kilsyasi / debris /
– Gay kilsyasi / debris
- Buildings of the medieval architecture in the Gabala city.
– The ruins of the old defensive fortress IX – XIII centuries
– The tomb and mausoleum XIII – XIX centuries, on the big city cemetery
– The tomb and mausoleum Imam Baba XIII-XIX centuries, in the city cemetery.
- Waterfall Ag Gaya (about 10 km. Above the gorge of the village Wandam
- Small cascading waterfall Eddie Gozel around Ruskan settlement.
- Lake / reservoir / dam Nour (10 km away. East of the town of Gabala)
- Turianchay nature reserve and exotic river gorge Turianchay
- The peaks on the Main Caucasian Ridge (h= more than 4000 m.)
- The ancient sanctuary-feast Shiekh Baba (XVI-XX centuries.) in Gamzaly village
- The old “Juma” mosque (1899-1906.) in the center of Gabala city.
- Eight-sided mosque “Sakkizgushali meshidi” (XIX c.) in Gabala city.
Museums and exhibitions
- Historical museum in the Gabala city
- The memorial museum of the famous writer and educator of the XIX century. Major-General Russian army Ismayil bey Gudgashenly.
- The archaeological excavations at an archaeological site Kabalaka near the village Chukhur Gabala.
- The remains of a circular Albanian Christian church on the hill Kilsadag
- Archaeological sites in the Wandam village.
– An old cemetery (the end of the Middle Ages)
– Medieval burial “Gyaur sandyg” etc.
Visit Ethnographic villages, handicraft workshops and shopping centers during your summer tourism in Azerbaijan.
- Nidj village – settlement of ethnic Udin
- Potters in the village Kyusnyat
- Venture for the production of pianos in Gabala
- Venture for the production of wine products near the Savalan village
- Preparation of fruit vodka in the Nidj village.
- Orient market (bazar) at the lower edge in Gabala city.